Topics

Every Time With No Complaint Vol 11

matt bumgarner

The society’s magazine “Every Time with No Complaint” was sent to the printer today, and it is a WHOPPER, coming in at just under 100 pages (not a typo).

In my decade-plus of laying out the magazine, I have never made a comment on any issue. However, this is a special issue. Information-wise, it is one of the most significant magazines ever published for the society.

It is not so much train or even railroad-centric, but focuses on the ET&WNC Transportation Company. Johnny Graybeal, always a great researcher, has really outdone himself and has put together a cornerstone text and narrative in the history of this railroad. Seriously, it will be a reference for years to come.

I am not going to give much away, but Johnny does one heckuva job weaving the the history of the decline of passenger service; the rise of bus, truck, and road competition; how the railroad responded with the Jitney, with TOFC and ultimately the truck/bus company, even weaving in how the motorcars came about.

We hope you like the issue as much we did putting it together.

Matt Bumgarner

Chris Ford

Thanks for the update Matt.

We're looking forward to this latest issue....sounds like a great one!