Topics

ET&WNC #’s 209 and 210 move a coal train in HO. #’s

Tom Grabenstein

Always liked the RS-3 diesel and when I learned about #’s 209 and 210 I had to model them for the Clarksville Tennessee Model Rail Road club in HO. These models have definitely started a conversation at the club about our favorite RR and have stood out as  strong haulers of very long coal trains.

Thanks for looking.  Dr Tom

John Overman

Those are very nice models Dr. Tom!

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020, 9:37 AM Tom Grabenstein <tomgmd@...> wrote:
Always liked the RS-3 diesel and when I learned about #’s 209 and 210 I had to model them for the Clarksville Tennessee Model Rail Road club in HO. These models have definitely started a conversation at the club about our favorite RR and have stood out as  strong haulers of very long coal trains.

Thanks for looking.  Dr Tom

William Uffelman

Very nice. Now need a Weaver in O scale and drop in P:48 wheel sets for your interchange.

Bill Uffelman

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020 at 9:37 AM, Tom Grabenstein
<tomgmd@...> wrote:
Always liked the RS-3 diesel and when I learned about #’s 209 and 210 I had to model them for the Clarksville Tennessee Model Rail Road club in HO. These models have definitely started a conversation at the club about our favorite RR and have stood out as  strong haulers of very long coal trains.

Thanks for looking.  Dr Tom

Tom Grabenstein

Thanks Bill. I do love Proto 48 and all the details. I will have an interchange on my On30 1920 layout but these beautiful “dismals” were just a future dream.  Doc Tom

<tomgmd@...> wrote:
Always liked the RS-3 diesel and when I learned about #’s 209 and 210 I had to model them for the Clarksville Tennessee Model Rail Road club in HO. These models have definitely started a conversation at the club about our favorite RR and have stood out as  strong haulers of very long coal trains.

<fullsizeoutput_1c41.jpeg>

<fullsizeoutput_1c47.jpeg>

Thanks for looking.  Dr Tom
<fullsizeoutput_1c41.jpeg><fullsizeoutput_1c47.jpeg>

Tom Grabenstein

Thanks John. They hold there own at the club and stand out  alone with all the 6 axle modern diesels. Dr Tom

On Nov 22, 2020, at 9:47 AM, John Overman via groups.io <jmoverma@...> wrote:

Those are very nice models Dr. Tom!

On Sun, Nov 22, 2020, 9:37 AM Tom Grabenstein <tomgmd@...> wrote:
Always liked the RS-3 diesel and when I learned about #’s 209 and 210 I had to model them for the Clarksville Tennessee Model Rail Road club in HO. These models have definitely started a conversation at the club about our favorite RR and have stood out as  strong haulers of very long coal trains.

Thanks for looking.  Dr Tom

<fullsizeoutput_1c47.jpeg><fullsizeoutput_1c41.jpeg><fullsizeoutput_1c41.jpeg><fullsizeoutput_1c41.jpeg>

William Uffelman

Just trying to be helpful!

Bill Uffelman

<tomgmd@...> wrote:
Always liked the RS-3 diesel and when I learned about #’s 209 and 210 I had to model them for the Clarksville Tennessee Model Rail Road club in HO. These models have definitely started a conversation at the club about our favorite RR and have stood out as  strong haulers of very long coal trains.

<fullsizeoutput_1c41.jpeg>

<fullsizeoutput_1c47.jpeg>

Thanks for looking.  Dr Tom
<fullsizeoutput_1c41.jpeg><fullsizeoutput_1c47.jpeg>

Lee Bishop

I built 209 out of an Atlas HO scale undecorated locomotive many years ago, using an article I found in a magazine about proper detailing of a central of Georgia RS3.
I'd love to build one in O scale, even though I don't model that timeframe.
I would, however, recommend using Southern RR decals. If you get a set that has all the subsidiary line road names, you can make the W in the ET&WNC with 2 Vs and the using the ampersand from the Savanah and Atlanta road name. That's what I did in HO, and would do again in O.
Not sure if I'd model it with the earlier white tuxedo stripe or the latter orange stripe, though...