ET&WNC color slides in 1944

Andy

Edited

Hi,
A gentleman on Trainorders is posting color slides a railfan took looking at and riding the NG.  The photo out of caboose cupola is priceless.  The photo looking back at tunnel no. 4 after just passing over the thru-truss bridge in the gorge is also great!

Here's a link:
https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?10,5150876

And the other photos poated so far.  I think more will be posted this weekend.
https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?10,5150243

Sincerely,
Andy

Curtis Brookshire

Andy,
I wonder if you could answer something in the discussion on Trainorders in the second link you posted? Mention was made about ET equipment at Tweetsie and I would like to answer but I'm not subscribed there.

#12 is the only piece of ET equipment left at Tweetsie (although the trucks under former EBT coach #5 are those from ET excursion car 11 which was scrapped over 30 years ago). Combine 15 is undergoing restoration at the NC Transportation Museum at Spencer Shops. None of the Laconia cars survive. The ET&WNC sold the last 3 cars immediately after WWII before narrow gauge operations ended and were not part of the equipment sold to Tweetsie RR. Motor cars 1 & 2 and boxcar 434 are preserved at the Southeast Narrow Gauge and Short Line Museum in Newton NC. Another boxcar incorrectly numbered 434 and the rayon plant's fireless cooker are displayed under a canopy along US 321/19E in Elizabethton TN. Caboose 505 sits beside the Linville depot of the LR Ry at the Avery County Museum in Newland, NC. Former SR 722/ET 208 is dissembled at the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad, and of course former SR 630/ET 207 is at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum in Chattanooga, TN.

Probably more than anyone wanted to know, but that's what I know definitively.
Curtis Brookshire
Pine Level NC

Andy

Hi Curtis,
I am also not a member on the Trainorders website, so I cannot add your information.  I saw a notice about the photos on the NG Discussion Forum so I shared the photo information here for members of this group.
Sincerely,
Andy