Topics

Dispatcher's Office

Dean Smith

I decided to take a bit of a break from 87.1 to 1 modeling and do a little 12 inch to the foot modeling instead. I've wanted to create a new Dispatcher's Office for some time. Thanks to my son, Stephen, I was able to incorporate a miniature video camera in the Yard Office at Johnson City, so the Dispatcher can now gaze out the window.  Tom, "Short Rail" McKenzie, who usually takes the Johnson City Yard Master job during operating sessions, has already figured out where to spot cars to block the Dispatcher's view so he can get away with continuing with his usual mischief.  Hopefully, we'll be able to get back to operating sessions soon.

This is so cool. The camera fit nicely in the Yard Office. Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun and “HiJinx" during your operating sessions.This mini video camera will really add to the overall joy of your RR.  Dr Tom

On Nov 12, 2020, at 11:15 AM, Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:

I decided to take a bit of a break from 87.1 to 1 modeling and do a little 12 inch to the foot modeling instead. I've wanted to create a new Dispatcher's Office for some time. Thanks to my son, Stephen, I was able to incorporate a miniature video camera in the Yard Office at Johnson City, so the Dispatcher can now gaze out the window.  Tom, "Short Rail" McKenzie, who usually takes the Johnson City Yard Master job during operating sessions, has already figured out where to spot cars to block the Dispatcher's view so he can get away with continuing with his usual mischief.  Hopefully, we'll be able to get back to operating sessions soon.
Dean <Dispatcher_s Office complete.jpg><The McKenzie Maneuver.jpg><Yard Office complete.jpg><Camera mounted.jpg>

Lee Bishop

Wow, I love that. Great how you literally framed your monitor as a window.
The use of the old desk and chain were great as well, it really looks like the proper scene!
I noticed the magnetic clip to the left with the later ET logo, did you make that yourself?

The clip is an old advertising clip that was originally my grandmother’s.  I printed off an ET logo that Chris Ford made for me years ago on quality paper, cut it out, and glued it on the clip. A few coats of satin clear coat finished the job.