Topics

Cranberry turntable

Dean Smith

The turntable at Cranberry is in and operational. The prototype turntable was gone by 1910, but the Vida Division of the ET&WNC kept theirs through 1925. The turntable is a Diamond Scales kit I purchased fifteen years ago.

Tom Grabenstein

That is really nice! Looks like a lot of fun and the turntable is working perfectly. Dr. Tom

On Jun 4, 2020, at 11:34 AM, Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:

The turntable at Cranberry is in and operational. The prototype turntable was gone by 1910, but the Vida Division of the ET&WNC kept theirs through 1925. The turntable is a Diamond Scales kit I purchased fifteen years ago.
<Turntable video.mp4>

William Uffelman

Very nice - thanks for sharing.

Bill Uffelman

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 12:41 PM, Dean Smith
<smithfive@...> wrote:
The turntable at Cranberry is in and operational. The prototype turntable was gone by 1910, but the Vida Division of the ET&WNC kept theirs through 1925. The turntable is a Diamond Scales kit I purchased fifteen years ago.

Mark Lewis

Dean,

You did a great job, installing the turntable. Works flawlessly.

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

<smithfive@...> wrote:
The turntable at Cranberry is in and operational. The prototype turntable was gone by 1910, but the Vida Division of the ET&WNC kept theirs through 1925. The turntable is a Diamond Scales kit I purchased fifteen years ago.

Lee Bishop

Wow, that looks and works great!
Good job!

Chris Jessee

do you have a link to where the turntable can be purchased?

Dean Smith

Chris,
    A really nice guy named Larry now runs Diamond Scale Products out of his garage.  The website is www.diamond-scale.com.  You need to call him during business hours, as he doesn’t do emails.  I purchased the 60’ Timber Truss Turntable Kit (TT-060) and the Motor Kit (MK-111). I also used the potentiometer (MK-122) and the push-button switch (MK-125).  The push button allows for tweaking the turntable bridge to align it and is very helpful.  After postponing construction for 15 years, I enjoyed the challenge of the project.  If you decide to purchase one, I would be happy to share some tricks I figured out during construction.  Thanks!

Dean

Sent: Friday, June 05, 2020 8:15 AM
Subject: Re: [ETWNC] Cranberry turntable

do you have a link to where the turntable can be purchased?

Chris Jessee

Thanks Dean,

I’ll check it out.

Chris Jessee