Topics

Cranberry Depot by CCK

kaa196212

Lee Bishop

Looks good but can someone explain why almost no ET&WNC structures are made in O scale?
On30 is the most likely gauge to model the RR with, thanks to Bachmann.
Yet, almost constructed in O are being built...

Mark Lewis

Lee:

I agree.
I think some of the reason for the recent introduction of HO scale ET&WNC products, is due to last few years of multiple  ET&WNC articles in the HOn3 Annual.
If exposure to On30 articles was the same as the recent HOn3 offerings, I think there would be more O scale offerings.

Mark Lewis
narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019, 2:18 AM Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:
Looks good but can someone explain why almost no ET&WNC structures are made in O scale?
On30 is the most likely gauge to model the RR with, thanks to Bachmann.
Yet, almost constructed in O are being built...

Tweetsie12

Indeed. I'm currently working on a O/ON30 Scale layout of the ET&WNC's Cranberry to Boone portion, hopefully with Dual Gauge Iron.

-Jonah Snyder

On Dec 31, 2019, at 7:59 AM, Mark Lewis <narrowrails12@...> wrote:

Lee:

I agree.
I think some of the reason for the recent introduction of HO scale ET&WNC products, is due to last few years of multiple  ET&WNC articles in the HOn3 Annual.
If exposure to On30 articles was the same as the recent HOn3 offerings, I think there would be more O scale offerings.

Mark Lewis
narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019, 2:18 AM Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:
Looks good but can someone explain why almost no ET&WNC structures are made in O scale?
On30 is the most likely gauge to model the RR with, thanks to Bachmann.
Yet, almost constructed in O are being built...

Lee Bishop

Really, can anyone explain this to me? When I was building my layout, I wanted to build a Hampton covered bridge to cover the end of the 'staging' portion to hide the track just ends there. Turns out I didn't have room for it anyway, but someone makes it in S scale. Really? Does anyone model the ET&WNC in S scale?
Western Rails makes some excellent stuff, things I would for sure buy, but very little of it in O.
I can't think of a single ET&WNC structure kit made in O scale, either. Heck, if someone did a Bemberg depot kit in O, even though I have no room for one (and my layout theme wouldn't allow for it), I'd have to buy and build it just because!

William Uffelman

Tuhr Barnes is/was modeling Tweetsie in Sn3. Had a layout under construction using foam for most of the structure. There are Sn3 loco kits that are useful for Tweetsie.

All that said with Bachmann's 4-6-0 and components for converting bachmann passenger cars there should not be an issue in building On3/30 layouts- just saying! Create the demand for 1/48 structures.

Bill Uffelman

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 6:01 PM, Lee Bishop
<leebishop1944@...> wrote:
Really, can anyone explain this to me? When I was building my layout, I wanted to build a Hampton covered bridge to cover the end of the 'staging' portion to hide the track just ends there. Turns out I didn't have room for it anyway, but someone makes it in S scale. Really? Does anyone model the ET&WNC in S scale?
Western Rails makes some excellent stuff, things I would for sure buy, but very little of it in O.
I can't think of a single ET&WNC structure kit made in O scale, either. Heck, if someone did a Bemberg depot kit in O, even though I have no room for one (and my layout theme wouldn't allow for it), I'd have to buy and build it just because!

Mark Lewis

Bill:

It is a "Catch 22" situation.  Modelers are reluctant to model a prototype that has little to no support from the kit manufacturer's, regardless of scale, and the manufacturer's are reluctant to design/produce kits and parts for prototypes that no modelers are modeling.

Mark Lewis

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 6:12 PM William Uffelman via Groups.Io <ufffam=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Today with all the "printed paper" modeling, structures are just a drawing and inkjet printer away.

Trucks for Tweetsie freight cars are available and Grandt parts are returning to the market.

Dr Tom's On30 Tweetsie shelf layout inspired by Iain Rice shows what can be done in a modest sized spare room as is a certain Tweetsie layout in the state of Washington.

"Just do it" applies here I think.

Bill Uffelman