Topics

Construction of the Linville Depot begins.

Tom Grabenstein

I have jumped in and started the scratch build of the Linville Depot on the ET and WNC. The San Juan detail parts(formerly Grant line castings) are not exact replicas of the windows in the Depot Bay. I used 30 pieces of styrene to try and get a close replica. The base of the landing for the freight Depot and it's staircase were
 also built-up.

This labor of love should proceed for the next several weeks. It is the focal point for the Linville LDE and I'm going to try my best to do it right.

Thanks for looking.Doc Tom

William Uffelman

Looking good. Thanks for sharing.

Bill Uffelman

On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 8:15 PM, Tom Grabenstein
<tomgmd@...> wrote:
I have jumped in and started the scratch build of the Linville Depot on the ET and WNC. The San Juan detail parts(formerly Grant line castings) are not exact replicas of the windows in the Depot Bay. I used 30 pieces of styrene to try and get a close replica. The base of the landing for the freight Depot and it's staircase were
 also built-up.

This labor of love should proceed for the next several weeks. It is the focal point for the Linville LDE and I'm going to try my best to do it right.

Thanks for looking.Doc Tom

Tweetsie12

Looking Very Snazzy! Keep up the good work Doc!