Topics

Color comes to Linville NC on the ET&WNC R.R.

Tom Grabenstein

Color comes to Linville NC on the ET&WNC R.R.

This little layout is built on shelf that is about 18 inches– 24 inches deep. The East Tennessee and Western North Carolina Railroad was definitely a mountain railroad. To get the look of depth and mountain scenery this little railroad needed a backdrop. When I saw that Railroad backdrops.com/affordable model railroads ………was voted the best in the Model Railroader magazine I took a look. When I saw they had a backdrop labeled “Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina” I was sold. I do not know where they took the picture but the backdrop is making my Linville LDE a little closer to the real deal in the prototype picture.

Here are some before and after shots showing how the masonite was used to secure the backdrop.

As always, thanks for looking. Dr. Tom

William Uffelman

I can hear the banjoes down in the hollow!

Looking ver good sir!

Bill Uffelman

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 6:10 PM, Tom Grabenstein
<tomgmd@...> wrote:
Color comes to Linville NC on the ET&WNC R.R.

This little layout is built on shelf that is about 18 inches– 24 inches deep. The East Tennessee and Western North Carolina Railroad was definitely a mountain railroad. To get the look of depth and mountain scenery this little railroad needed a backdrop. When I saw that Railroad backdrops.com/affordable model railroads ………was voted the best in the Model Railroader magazine I took a look. When I saw they had a backdrop labeled “Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina” I was sold. I do not know where they took the picture but the backdrop is making my Linville LDE a little closer to the real deal in the prototype picture.

Here are some before and after shots showing how the masonite was used to secure the backdrop.

As always, thanks for looking. Dr. Tom

Mark Lewis

Dr. Tom:

You made a GREAT choice in backdrops!

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

<tomgmd@...> wrote:
Color comes to Linville NC on the ET&WNC R.R.

This little layout is built on shelf that is about 18 inches– 24 inches deep. The East Tennessee and Western North Carolina Railroad was definitely a mountain railroad. To get the look of depth and mountain scenery this little railroad needed a backdrop. When I saw that Railroad backdrops.com/affordable model railroads ………was voted the best in the Model Railroader magazine I took a look. When I saw they had a backdrop labeled “Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina” I was sold. I do not know where they took the picture but the backdrop is making my Linville LDE a little closer to the real deal in the prototype picture.

Here are some before and after shots showing how the masonite was used to secure the backdrop.

As always, thanks for looking. Dr. Tom

Tom Grabenstein

Thanks Gents. I like the visual expansion the back drop gives to the Linville LDE.
Doc Tom