Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2020 9:21 AM
Subject: [ETWNC] Box Car #9

I really like to create models from old photographs. So here is my rendition of boxcar number nine including the prototype photograph. Thanks for looking. Dr. Tom

Nice job sir!

Bill Uffelman

On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 10:21 AM, Tom Grabenstein
<tomgmd@...> wrote:
I really like to create models from old photographs. So here is my rendition of boxcar number nine including the prototype photograph. Thanks for looking. Dr. Tom

Tom Grabenstein

Thank you fellas. I like how well the the ET & WNC RR is documented. The old pictures are a lot of fun. Dr Tom

On Nov 1, 2020, at 9:21 AM, Tom Grabenstein <tomgmd@...> wrote:

I really like to create models from old photographs. So here is my rendition of boxcar number nine including the prototype photograph. Thanks for looking. Dr. Tom

<79f801a7f52916bf0ddf9d94271deef8.jpg>

<fullsizeoutput_1c31.jpeg>

Dean Smith

I agree, Dr. Tom.  I am presently working up plans for the sand house at Johnson City and have enlisted the help of Chris, Johnny, and Curtis. I feel a bit like Dr. Watson to these guys’ Sherlock Holmes.  I have received numerous photos that I have never seen before and have been provided valuable insight. For example, if you look closely at the “classic” photo of the side with the large chimney, you can see part of a bricked-up window behind the chimney (thanks, Chris!).  So, my 1925 structure will not include the chimney.  We’re not sure when the shed was added, but I do plan on adding it. The mystery about where the interior wall was located was solved by, of all things, a Google Maps photo of the foundation taken long after the structure was torn down. Johnny provided me with ICC reports of the building which, among other things, report the exact size of the windows and the fact that the building had a six-inch reinforced concrete roof.  I really think that puzzling over how the structure was built, how it changed over the years, and how it was utilized has been almost as much fun as I hope building the structure will be.

Dean

Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2020 4:28 PM
Subject: Re: [ETWNC] Box Car #9

Thank you fellas. I like how well the the ET & WNC RR is documented. The old pictures are a lot of fun. Dr Tom

On Nov 1, 2020, at 9:21 AM, Tom Grabenstein <tomgmd@...> wrote:

I really like to create models from old photographs. So here is my rendition of boxcar number nine including the prototype photograph. Thanks for looking. Dr. Tom

<79f801a7f52916bf0ddf9d94271deef8.jpg>

<fullsizeoutput_1c31.jpeg>

Tom Grabenstein

What an interesting project. Nice how you used Google earth for another piece of the puzzle. Dr. Tom