Topics

Blue on Blue. More doings on the Blue Ridge Stemwinder in On30.

Tom Grabenstein

Blue on Blue. More doings on the Blue Ridge Stemwinder in On30.

One of the nice things about Styrofoam is that construction proceeds rapidly. Here the blue foam pieces of the puzzle are coming together for the Layout Design Element (LDE) that I am calling Linville station. This LDE is 11 feet long and 18 inches deep at the center and 2 feet deep at the ends. The station will set about where the ET and WNC Historical Society fan is located.

If you look at the track plan to the right it is the section that IAN RICE (layout designer) calls “Halfway".

Next up, will be attaching the Styrofoam pieces and strengthening them with L Channel aluminum……….lightweight and strong.

Thanks for looking. Doc Tom

Rick Perry

Doctor Tom,
Since you're friends with Bill Nelson, then you've got to add 5-6 more levels to your plan!!🤣
Looks like you've got a workable plan there. And great start to a gorge scene!!

Rick Perry

Tom Grabenstein

Hi Rick,

Bill is the master of getting a lot of railroad(good looking) into a small area. While myself I am trying to get one rail road into a small area.I’m not quite as talented.

Bill is also extremely generous, he built up the majority of a ET&WNC scratch built hopper car and one day just gave it to me.

The fraternity of model railroaders is certainly a great one!

Doc Tom