Topics

Ash pit at Johnson City

Dean Smith

Engine 5 prepares to drop her ashes after a hard day's work. Since I know of no photos or even of a good description of the ash facilities on the ET, I decided to freelance this scene. The water column is next. Someday, I'll even add ballast.

William Uffelman

Looks good.

Bill Uffelman

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 3:36 PM, Dean Smith
<smithfive@...> wrote:
Engine 5 prepares to drop her ashes after a hard day's work. Since I know of no photos or even of a good description of the ash facilities on the ET, I decided to freelance this scene. The water column is next. Someday, I'll even add ballast.

Mark Lewis

Dean,

It looks convincing to me. Nicely done.
BTW...what is the source of loco #5?

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

Tom Grabenstein

Very nice. Just realized there is a sooty “chimney sweep” with the all important broom in the very realistic pit. Those steamers sure required a big work force.  Doc Tom

On Oct 9, 2020, at 3:53 PM, Mark Lewis <narrowrails12@...> wrote:

Dean,

It looks convincing to me. Nicely done.
BTW...what is the source of loco #5?

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

Dean Smith

Mark,
    Thanks!  I obtained the locomotive years ago from Les Walker. I believe she is a Keystone Locomotive Works Rio Grande C-18 #318 Samhongsa import from Korea. She was painted and lettered when I got her. I added a Digitrax decoder many years ago. She has always run well and usually works Cranberry during operating sessions. The domes and bell aren’t correct, but I’ve never worried about that.  Perhaps someday I’ll add sound.

Dean