The little Rail Road helps build California.

Tom Grabenstein

Hello,

Transfer of cut lumber from the narrow to standard gauge for the housing boom in Southern California. ET&WNC railroad yard Johnson City Tn 1921. Thanks for looking.

Doc Tom

Dr Tom Grabenstein
President ET&WNC RR in On30

Lee Bishop

Great shots as always.
Who made the boxcar?
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

Tom Grabenstein

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the (+) feedback. The box car was a scratch built find from eBay that needed some work and the raw styrene needed a paint job. It just looked right so I bought it. Took several months to get on to the layout.

Doc Tom

On Jan 11, 2022, at 8:37 PM, Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:

Great shots as always.
Who made the boxcar?
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

Dean Smith

Doc Tom,

Very realistic scene.  Don’t you love B&W?

Dean

Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: [ETWNC] The little Rail Road helps build California.

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the (+) feedback. The box car was a scratch built find from eBay that needed some work and the raw styrene needed a paint job. It just looked right so I bought it. Took several months to get on to the layout.

Doc Tom

On Jan 11, 2022, at 8:37 PM, Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:

Great shots as always.
Who made the boxcar?
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

William Uffelman

Good looking scene.

Bill Uffelman

Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 8:45 PM

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the (+) feedback. The box car was a scratch built find from eBay that needed some work and the raw styrene needed a paint job. It just looked right so I bought it. Took several months to get on to the layout.

Doc Tom

On Jan 11, 2022, at 8:37 PM, Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:

Great shots as always.
Who made the boxcar?
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

Tom Grabenstein

Thank you Bill and Dean for the kind messages. I’m having way too much fun in retirement working on this railroad. More to come. Dr. Tom

Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 8:45 PM

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the (+) feedback. The box car was a scratch built find from eBay that needed some work and the raw styrene needed a paint job. It just looked right so I bought it. Took several months to get on to the layout.

Doc Tom

On Jan 11, 2022, at 8:37 PM, Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:

Great shots as always.
Who made the boxcar?
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

William Uffelman

Need a crew of 4 or more LP to transfer the lumber between the cars - 2 on each car passing boards across the open space. Load visible in door of the NG car and two in door of SG car receiving each board to be stacked. A board "in transit" across the open space, one LP attached the each end of the board would allow scene to be set up as needed by opening the doors and dropping them in. Other people fixed in the two cars.

Bill

Sent: Tuesday, January 11, 2022 8:45 PM

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the (+) feedback. The box car was a scratch built find from eBay that needed some work and the raw styrene needed a paint job. It just looked right so I bought it. Took several months to get on to the layout.

Doc Tom

On Jan 11, 2022, at 8:37 PM, Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:

Great shots as always.
Who made the boxcar?
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

Tom Grabenstein

Very good ideas. You can get a feel for how labor intensive Narrow Gauge railroading was. Especially at the interchange with the Standard Gauge operations of the rest of the United States. I am going to have to order some LP and get to painting them.

Doc Tom
Dr Tom Grabenstein
President ET&WNC RR in On30