The cliffs at Pardee Point and the Doe River Gorge

Tom Grabenstein

Thank you Dean, Lee and Bill. I really appreciate your kind words. Dr Tom.

On Mar 7, 2021, at 5:12 PM, Tom Grabenstein <tomgmd@...> wrote:

I have always enjoyed the cliffs of the Doe River Gorge and Pardee Point in old photos and in  the modern day gorge. As a Tennessean I find it amazing that such geologic wonders exist in our state.

<Pardee 2.jpeg><Pardee.jpg>

So , I wanted to try and replicate some of the cliffs on my On30 representation of the ET&WNC. Here is carved and painted pink foam that I hope represents strata of the Doe River Gorge cliffs.

<+Gwy6z7ATnWlPe%bxJsVZg.jpeg>

And, I had to put a train in the Gorge. So here we go:

<2lKz9d0GRZK1R96Nkc92lQ.jpeg>

<fullsizeoutput_14a3.jpeg>

As always, thank you for looking.

Dr Tom

Dean Smith

Nice job, Doc. The Gorge is a wonder, and you captured it well.

Dean

Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2021 5:12 PM
Subject: [ETWNC] The cliffs at Pardee Point and the Doe River Gorge

I have always enjoyed the cliffs of the Doe River Gorge and Pardee Point in old photos and in  the modern day gorge. As a Tennessean I find it amazing that such geologic wonders exist in our state.

So , I wanted to try and replicate some of the cliffs on my On30 representation of the ET&WNC. Here is carved and painted pink foam that I hope represents strata of the Doe River Gorge cliffs.

And, I had to put a train in the Gorge. So here we go:

As always, thank you for looking.

Dr Tom

Lee Bishop

Wow, you're really getting the looks right.

Looking good Dr Tom!