drawings

Larry Smith

Where can I get drawing of Combine 15, Coach 16 and the Azalea?

Larry Smith

Chris Ford

Here's a list that John Waite published back in 1995...I'm sure that some of these are no longer available, but some were published in the Stemwinder which is still available.

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 18:34:29 -0800, "Larry Smith" <wooddale@...> wrote:

Where can I get drawing of Combine 15, Coach 16 and the Azalea?

Larry Smith

Larry Smith

Thanks Chris

Larry

On Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 9:28:59 PM CST, Chris Ford <chris@...> wrote:

Here's a list that John Waite published back in 1995...I'm sure that some of these are no longer available, but some were published in the Stemwinder which is still available.

On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 18:34:29 -0800, "Larry Smith" <wooddale@...> wrote:

Where can I get drawing of Combine 15, Coach 16 and the Azalea?

Larry Smith

johnny graybeal

An excellent drawing of the Azalea was done in the Gazette about 2010. One printed prior to that was incorrect in many measurements. I helped Alfred with ICC information and he did an excellent job. Just cant tell you which issue.
Johnny Graybeal

Larry Smith

Thanks Johnny, the plans were published in 2011 and I found them in my Gazette archives.  Next question, What color were the roofs of the ET's passenger cars?  Red, Black or Green.

Larry Smith

On Friday, February 12, 2021, 2:05:02 PM CST, johnny graybeal <johnnyg@...> wrote:

An excellent drawing of the Azalea was done in the Gazette about 2010. One printed prior to that was incorrect in many measurements. I helped Alfred with ICC information and he did an excellent job. Just cant tell you which issue.
Johnny Graybeal

johnny graybeal

Not an easy answer. I can say for sure that red was not the color until 1949. I would say black, which is what the colorized post cards from the 30s show. There is also this photo, which is from 1948 but shows the equipment in WWII colors.
Johnny Graybeal

Larry Smith

Thanks Johnny.  I'll use a weathered black as I'm modeling 1942.

Larry Smith

On Saturday, February 13, 2021, 10:35:10 AM CST, johnny graybeal <johnnyg@...> wrote:

Not an easy answer. I can say for sure that red was not the color until 1949. I would say black, which is what the colorized post cards from the 30s show. There is also this photo, which is from 1948 but shows the equipment in WWII colors.
Johnny Graybeal

Dan Stenger

I read somewhere that if the car had gold lettering the roof was black and if it had white lettering it had a red roof.

Dan

Not an easy answer. I can say for sure that red was not the color until 1949. I would say black, which is what the colorized post cards from the 30s show. There is also this photo, which is from 1948 but shows the equipment in WWII colors.
Johnny Graybeal

johnny graybeal

Not the case Dan. Red roofs came about on the 15 in 1949. Inspired the Bachmann Big Hauler coaches I think.
Johnny

I read somewhere that if the car had gold lettering the roof was black and if it had white lettering it had a red roof.

Dan

Not an easy answer. I can say for sure that red was not the color until 1949. I would say black, which is what the colorized post cards from the 30s show. There is also this photo, which is from 1948 but shows the equipment in WWII colors.
Johnny Graybeal

Dan Stenger

Yet another example of you can't trust everything you read.
I bow to the  ET master....

Dan