door color

Larry Smith

My railroad is set in 1942, so I'll go with the red doors for all of them.  Thanks Chris for the photo as it shows details that I need to add to the car.  FYI guys my cars are HOn3.

Larry Smith

On Saturday, February 6, 2021, 7:52:02 PM CST, Chris Ford <chris@...> wrote:

Here's a color shot of 15 showing the doors and windows on (I think) the last director's special.  ?

But I don't know if they were always painted as such early on.

On Sat, 06 Feb 2021 16:17:49 -0800, "Larry Smith" <wooddale@...> wrote:

Were the doors on the ET's passenger cars red, like the windows.  I find it interesting that the EBT passenger cars had the same red for the windows and the doors, especially the M-1

Larry Smith

Chris Ford

Here's a color shot of 15 showing the doors and windows on (I think) the last director's special.  ?

But I don't know if they were always painted as such early on.

On Sat, 06 Feb 2021 16:17:49 -0800, "Larry Smith" <wooddale@...> wrote:

Were the doors on the ET's passenger cars red, like the windows.  I find it interesting that the EBT passenger cars had the same red for the windows and the doors, especially the M-1

Larry Smith

Tim Smith

I painted mine red. I looked through many pictures and could see a color difference in the car and the doors. So I went with red. I know my combine 15 is not right for the era I am intending to represent. The mail and baggage doors should’ve been green.  There is color pictures of combine 15 and the baggage car 18 on Facebook.

Here is the my azalea and 15 below.

Sent from Tim Smith's iPhone SE