Little Doe on the Little Doe

Dean Smith

I added a fun little detail while I was working on the river at Hampton this morning. I came across a rock that I really liked but couldn't find a way to make it work in the river. So I added it and a small friend on the top of the bluff. At first, I couldn't figure out why this little scene made me so happy, until I remembered that I am modeling the Little Doe River.

Mark Lewis

Dean,

Amazing rock work!

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020, 2:26 PM Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:
I added a fun little detail while I was working on the river at Hampton this morning. I came across a rock that I really liked but couldn't find a way to make it work in the river. So I added it and a small friend on the top of the bluff. At first, I couldn't figure out why this little scene made me so happy, until I remembered that I am modeling the Little Doe River.

Lee Bishop

It took me several seconds to find the deer.
Your scenery is very well done!

This is beautiful. Incredible rock work. Thanks for sharing. Dr Tom

On Dec 2, 2020, at 1:26 PM, Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:

I added a fun little detail while I was working on the river at Hampton this morning. I came across a rock that I really liked but couldn't find a way to make it work in the river. So I added it and a small friend on the top of the bluff. At first, I couldn't figure out why this little scene made me so happy, until I remembered that I am modeling the Little Doe River. <Little Doe at top of Bluff overlooking the Little Doe.jpg>

Al Spainhour

Dean,

Your sense of whimsy is perfect as always

I added a fun little detail while I was working on the river at Hampton this morning. I came across a rock that I really liked but couldn't find a way to make it work in the river. So I added it and a small friend on the top of the bluff. At first, I couldn't figure out why this little scene made me so happy, until I remembered that I am modeling the Little Doe River.

Wendy Banner

I can't tell what the "small friend" is at the top. I zoomed in too. I'm curious as to what it is.

Thanks,
Wendy Banner

I added a fun little detail while I was working on the river at Hampton this morning. I came across a rock that I really liked but couldn't find a way to make it work in the river. So I added it and a small friend on the top of the bluff. At first, I couldn't figure out why this little scene made me so happy, until I remembered that I am modeling the Little Doe River.

Dean Smith

Wendy,
    I’m sorry she’s not in better focus. It’s a “little doe.”

Dean

Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2021 10:17 PM