Little Doe on the Little Doe

Dean Smith

I added a fun little detail while I was working on the river at Hampton this morning. I came across a rock that I really liked but couldn't find a way to make it work in the river. So I added it and a small friend on the top of the bluff. At first, I couldn't figure out why this little scene made me so happy, until I remembered that I am modeling the Little Doe River.

Mark Lewis

Dean,

Amazing rock work!

Mark Lewis 
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020, 2:26 PM Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:
I added a fun little detail while I was working on the river at Hampton this morning. I came across a rock that I really liked but couldn't find a way to make it work in the river. So I added it and a small friend on the top of the bluff. At first, I couldn't figure out why this little scene made me so happy, until I remembered that I am modeling the Little Doe River.

Lee Bishop

It took me several seconds to find the deer.
Your scenery is very well done!
--
Lee Bishop
Owner, Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30 gauge

Tom Grabenstein

This is beautiful. Incredible rock work. Thanks for sharing. Dr Tom

On Dec 2, 2020, at 1:26 PM, Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:

I added a fun little detail while I was working on the river at Hampton this morning. I came across a rock that I really liked but couldn't find a way to make it work in the river. So I added it and a small friend on the top of the bluff. At first, I couldn't figure out why this little scene made me so happy, until I remembered that I am modeling the Little Doe River. <Little Doe at top of Bluff overlooking the Little Doe.jpg>

Al Spainhour

Dean,

Your sense of whimsy is perfect as always

From: ETWNC@groups.io [mailto:ETWNC@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mark Lewis
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2020 2:43 PM
To: ETWNC@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ETWNC] Little Doe on the Little Doe

Dean,

Amazing rock work!

Mark Lewis 

Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2020, 2:26 PM Dean Smith <smithfive@...> wrote:

Wendy Banner

I can't tell what the "small friend" is at the top. I zoomed in too. I'm curious as to what it is.

Thanks,
Wendy Banner

From: ETWNC@groups.io <ETWNC@groups.io> on behalf of Dean Smith <smithfive@...>
Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 2:26 PM
To: ETWNC@groups.io <ETWNC@groups.io>
Subject: [ETWNC] Little Doe on the Little Doe

Dean Smith

Wendy,
    I’m sorry she’s not in better focus. It’s a “little doe.”

Dean

Sent: Wednesday, February 03, 2021 10:17 PM
Subject: Re: [ETWNC] Little Doe on the Little Doe

I can't tell what the "small friend" is at the top. I zoomed in too. I'm curious as to what it is.

Thanks,
Wendy Banner

From: ETWNC@groups.io <ETWNC@groups.io> on behalf of Dean Smith <smithfive@...>
Sent: Wednesday, December 2, 2020 2:26 PM
To: ETWNC@groups.io <ETWNC@groups.io>
Subject: [ETWNC] Little Doe on the Little Doe