Topics

Is there interest in HOn3 3D printed trucks?

Jim King

I’m working thru a production run of Sn2 freight and passenger trucks using my Form3 SLA 3D printing system and was wondering if there is “market demand” for HOn3 printed trucks, primarily aimed at Eastern roads, like EBT and Tweetsie?  I once produced a few HOn3 ET resin kits and finding good-rolling, accurate trucks was always a problem.

If you have interest in seeing trucks, such as the McCord style, please contact me off-list with your comments, suggestions, etc.  As a reference, my Sn2 trucks sell for $18/pair including Kadee 718 HOn3 wheelsets and 0-48 screws and are packaged in a foam-lined hinged box for protection.  Trucks without wheelsets sell for $12/pair.  Below is a CAD image of the “Swing Motion” style” Sn2 truck (brake beams are separate parts).  Sideframes, lids and bolster are a single printed part.  Wheelbase is .750”.

Jim King

http://smokymountainmodelworks.com/

Mark Lewis

Jim,

For reference,  David at Western Rails, produces a set of 3D printed McCord trucks for use under his 3D printed ET&WNC rolling stock.

Mark Lewis
Narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

Jim King

Thanks for pointing me there, Mark.  No need for me to enter the mix if these satisfy market demand.

Jim