From: Curtis Brookshire via groups.io <curtis.brookshire@...>
To: ETWNC <ETWNC@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Aug 9, 2020 7:15 pm
Subject: [ETWNC] Sparta Earthquake

Just wanted to know if those who live in the area near Sparta NC (mountains you know) came through this morning's 5.1 magnitude earthquake. My wife saw a news article that mistakenly had the epicenter near Johnson City and I immediately emailed Fred Alsop. Sparta is a bit east of JC, due north of Wilkesboro and due south of Wytheville VA. Hope everything stayed on the tracks, I mean shelves. People I go to church with felt it just west of me. I was outside at 8 am and never noticed.

Curtis Brookshire
Pine Level, NC

brownleboone

I felt and heard it in Boone. There were two jolts. No real damage reported in this area.
Larry Brown

On Sun, Aug 9, 2020 at 7:47 PM Julia Williams Kodak via groups.io <jkodak=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Felt it here in Roan Mountain, TN!  Although I'm sure it was just seconds, I was wondering when it was going
to stop and was concerned if it went any longer it might get worse.

Just wanted to know if those who live in the area near Sparta NC (mountains you know) came through this morning's 5.1 magnitude earthquake. My wife saw a news article that mistakenly had the epicenter near Johnson City and I immediately emailed Fred Alsop. Sparta is a bit east of JC, due north of Wilkesboro and due south of Wytheville VA. Hope everything stayed on the tracks, I mean shelves. People I go to church with felt it just west of me. I was outside at 8 am and never noticed.

Curtis Brookshire
Pine Level, NC

John Edwards

I live just outside Johnson City and I never even knew we had an earthquake until I turned on the news.

John Edwards

Watauga, TN