From: ETWNC@groups.io [mailto:ETWNC@groups.io] On Behalf Of joel shipley
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2020 11:23 AM
To: ETWNC@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ETWNC] Newsletter Update

I too am baffled. The Alpine Coaster located in Banner Elk has been wide open until a week ago when lightning shut that facility down. If the coaster can run why can’t Tweetsie?? Granted the coaster car only holds one person, the facility that services the patrons to board and unboard the cars has the customer packed in like a sardine can!! I am sure Tweetsie was taking great care to protect their customers.

On Jul 28, 2020, at 8:16 AM, Tweetsie12 <jonahsnyder12190@...> wrote:

Yeah... Unfortunately, I heard the bad news. I'm honestly rather baffled by it, as it was the state who gave them permission to run the train in the first place. Hopefully, they won't have to remain this way and they'll be able to reopen again and possibly rescind some of the cancellations. Luckily, I made it out there on July 26th, and I had a blast! Here's hoping it won't be the only time I get to go this year!

Hothgang1

We visited the coaster last week but left as we felt uncomfortable standing in line with all those people.  About 30 min after we left, the lightning struck.

[...]

joel shipley

[...]

Tweetsie12

Yeah... Unfortunately, I heard the bad news. I'm honestly rather baffled by it, as it was the state who gave them permission to run the train in the first place. Hopefully, they won't have to remain this way and they'll be able to reopen again and possibly rescind some of the cancellations. Luckily, I made it out there on July 26th, and I had a blast! Here's hoping it won't be the only time I get to go this year!

Curtis Brookshire

Even as Society members are receiving the July newsletter, I found out this morning that my "good" news turned bad yesterday. I checked Tweetsie's website and NC told them that they could not run the train due to Corona Virus restrictions, so the park is again shut down with Heritage Weekend (as well as just about every other event) canceled. So continue to watch videos, work on your layouts and post photos, wear your ET&WNC mask (I'm waiting for mine to arrive in the mail), read your books and publications and pay your society dues (and join if you're not yet a member).

Stay well y'all,
Curtis Brookshire
from work in Fayetteville