Topics

New Restaurant in Boone with ETWNC theme

John Overman

Lee,

I live in Central NC. This week my schedule is already full so I won't be able to make it.

Best,

John

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020, 8:19 PM Lee Davis via groups.io <davisbmw1=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
John,
They're closed on Mondays and have been extra busy over the 4th.
I'm getting some guys together to go by next week.
You're welcome to join us.
Where do you live?
Best,
Lee

John,
They're closed on Mondays and have been extra busy over the 4th.
I'm getting some guys together to go by next week.
You're welcome to join us.
Where do you live?
Best,
Lee

John Overman

Lee,

I called yesterday and did not get an answer. I then looked on the website and sent an email. I have not heard anything back yet. The items I am wanting to donate are pictures including one of the Boone Depot.

Best,

John Overman

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020, 7:40 AM Lee Davis via groups.io <davisbmw1=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
John,
Were you able to contact the restaurant?
I went by yesterday and they were slammed.
They are interested in purchasing a G scale train set and they need some advise.
What would be a good buy on the upgraded Bachman and say 3 cars still in the box?
When I say upgraded, we're talking the one with the metal valve system, chuffing sound, lights, etc.
Thanks,
Lee

John,
Were you able to contact the restaurant?
I went by yesterday and they were slammed.
They are interested in purchasing a G scale train set and they need some advise.
What would be a good buy on the upgraded Bachman and say 3 cars still in the box?
When I say upgraded, we're talking the one with the metal valve system, chuffing sound, lights, etc.
Thanks,
Lee

That's GREAT John,
Phone is 828-865-1122
ask for Cory or Chelsea
Google Howard Station for web site
Thanks a TON!!!
Lee

John Overman

How can I get in contact with them? I may have some things I'd be willing to donate.

Thanks!

John Overman

On Thu, Jul 2, 2020, 10:23 PM Lee Davis via groups.io <davisbmw1=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,
I'm a newbie and this is my first post on the ETWNC group.
My membership application has been sent, so I'm hoping I'm not breaking any rules!!!.
There's a new restaurant in Boone located near the old depot looking for ETWNC memorabilia.
It's called Howard Station and they have just started to collect items for display.
The owners are young and struggling with this pandemic, but have a sincere interest in the RR history in the area.
If any of you would consider loaning them any ETWNC memorabilia, full credit would be displayed with the item.
They are particularly interested in building a Garden Scale ETWNC layout and any other items, pictures, maps, that could be hung or displayed on the walls.
Any consideration would be greatly appreciated.
This is a great opportunity to share our passion for the little RR we so love and ignite interest from others that are not aware of our ETWNC history or hobby.
A HUGE thanks to Chris Ford and Ken Anderson for the wonderful items they have already donated and loaned.
Let me know your thoughts!
Best,
Lee