Topics

NG convention in 2022?

Lee Bishop

Todd,
Here you go: https://www.flickr.com/photos/53587910@N05/albums/72157668176638961
The link in my signature line takes to my short website which talks about some of it in (rambling) detail...
The more I think on it, the more I wish I'd modelled Port Rayon/Bemberg in the center of the layout, with the east end being Johnson City and the other the fictional line to Stoney Creek. Oh well, nobody builds the perfect layout...
The dual gauge with O/On30 would have required hand layout track anyway, something I really didn't wanna do.

I probably won’t be coming that way, but would love to see the layout in pictures. I have debated “ protolancing “ like you have. Just haven’t had the time.

Todd Pearson

On Mar 4, 2020, at 10:00 AM, Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:

I'd love to have any member of the ET&WNC association of this IO group to visit (just keep in mind, my layout is a fictional branch line, not a representation of any real part of the ET&WNC as I simply lacked the space to re-create any real ET&WNC scenes). Once the time comes around, I'll post more on that, so any ET&WNC fan can come to visit if they want.
Also, if anyone wants to know more about the local RR stuff, I'd be happy to answer questions about that as well. There's a lot to see in this area!

I'd love to have any member of the ET&WNC association of this IO group to visit (just keep in mind, my layout is a fictional branch line, not a representation of any real part of the ET&WNC as I simply lacked the space to re-create any real ET&WNC scenes). Once the time comes around, I'll post more on that, so any ET&WNC fan can come to visit if they want.
Also, if anyone wants to know more about the local RR stuff, I'd be happy to answer questions about that as well. There's a lot to see in this area!

johnny graybeal

I plan on being there. Would love to see  your layout.
Johnny Graybeal

Dan Stenger

Tentatively, yes.  I would love to visit your layout if we can attended.

Dan Stenger

Okay, I know it's insanely early to ask, but is anyone looking to come to the Seattle/Tacoma WA area for the 2022 NG convention?
Lots of steam between the Seattle and Portland areas, and a lot of class 1 traffic.
There are several narrow gauge layouts in the region as well.
As far as I know I'm the only ET&WNC modeler in the region, but if anyone here is coming, let me know. My layout is pretty small but I'd love for anyone who really knows the ET&WNC to see it in person (it might be on the layout tours, as one of the organizers is a pal of mine and already pushing me to offer up the layout for tours and to put on at least one clinic)...