Topics

Narrow Gauge calendar from White River

Tom Grabenstein

Congratulations Lee! What a nice honor. Dr. Tom

On Jan 9, 2020, at 12:48 PM, Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:

Thanks, guys.
My first reaction (after the surprise) was, "Well, the Johnson City guys know of my work now"
My wife's reaction was, "Why isn't there a check in that box?" I had to explain that this was a photo I'd already sold them, for an article in the 2018 On30 annual, and she then understood they had the rights to it.
The funny thing was this morning, I took one to work and tacked it on my wall and immediately, someone came by and asked who would buy a calendar like that. I flipped it to my photo, pointed out my name and smugly said, "I don't pay for stuff my work is in."
His jaw hit the floor with a very loud thud!

Lee Bishop

Thanks, guys.
My first reaction (after the surprise) was, "Well, the Johnson City guys know of my work now"
My wife's reaction was, "Why isn't there a check in that box?" I had to explain that this was a photo I'd already sold them, for an article in the 2018 On30 annual, and she then understood they had the rights to it.
The funny thing was this morning, I took one to work and tacked it on my wall and immediately, someone came by and asked who would buy a calendar like that. I flipped it to my photo, pointed out my name and smugly said, "I don't pay for stuff my work is in."
His jaw hit the floor with a very loud thud!

Mark Lewis

Lee:

A well deserved honor!

Mark Lewis
narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2020 at 11:55 AM Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:
Last night when I checked the mail, I was very surprised to have a thick mailer from White River Publications, with whom I've bene published on a couple of their magazines in the past.
Thinking it was a mistake after seeing the "Author copies" stamp (I shrugged and thought, "well, at least it'll be something to read", I opened it and found that a photo of my layout made their narrow gauge modelling calendar for 2020!
I was honored to have the month right after an excellent photo of the HOn3 layout at Johnson City. Consecutive ET&WNC shots!
https://shop.whiteriverproductions.com/products/ngc20
I'd had NO idea this was going to happen.

William Uffelman

Congratulations.

Bill Uffelman