Topics

Original LR ticket?

Lee Bishop

Just got this from an ebay win, looks for sure like 1930s paper, not printed off someone's computer.
I'm curious what the rest of you think, as I've never seen one in person before...
Lee

Michael Hardin

Lee,
I saw it and it is original. I have several. Did you get the ET one also?
Mike

On Oct 23, 2019, at 10:37 PM, Lee Bishop <@P51> wrote:

Just got this from an ebay win, looks for sure like 1930s paper, not printed off someone's computer.
I'm curious what the rest of you think, as I've never seen one in person before...
Lee
[cid:attach_1_15D077F18213E7C2_26596@groups.io]

<1023192006-01.jpeg>
<1023192006-01.jpeg>

Lee Bishop

No Mike, I missed out on the ET one, got outbid.
I have one of the small cardboard tickets, but I haven't been able to get one of these before now...
Lee

Tom Grabenstein

What a great find! I enjoyed seeing the special notification on the ticket for clergy and “charity.” Seems they really did care about their customers and provided financial assistance for those who were not so well off. Thanks for sharing. Dr. Tom

On Oct 24, 2019, at 6:03 AM, Michael Hardin <michael_hardin@...> wrote:

Lee,
I saw it and it is original. I have several. Did you get the ET one also?
Mike

On Oct 23, 2019, at 10:37 PM, Lee Bishop <@P51> wrote:

Just got this from an ebay win, looks for sure like 1930s paper, not printed off someone's computer.
I'm curious what the rest of you think, as I've never seen one in person before...
Lee
[cid:attach_1_15D077F18213E7C2_26596@groups.io]

<1023192006-01.jpeg>
<1023192006-01.jpeg>

Lee Bishop

I am wondering the following:
  • What is a Drewry ticket and why does it have so many options? I googled the term but came up with nothing
  • Why is it so large and flimsy?
  • Why do the station stops end at Cranberry? The line still went to Boone in that timeframe in the 30s