Topics

10th Annual NC Railroad Expo & Exotic Dancer Convention

matt bumgarner

Please pardon the cross-postings, but we don't want you to miss it.

The 10th annual NC Railroad & Exotic Dancer Convention will be held at the Hickory Metro Convention Center on Saturday, April 9th. Four to six modular layouts, 250 tables of "stuff" (yeah, you know what stuff), some great displays, good food, and free parking will be featured. Exit 125 off I-40, convenient to Charlotte, Winston, Greensboro, Roanoke, Raleigh, Greenville, Knoxville, Asheville, and Atlanta.

This show is widely regarded as one of the best on the circuit, so come and find out why!!!

Proceeds from past shows have helped us acquire narrow gauge boxcars Carolina & N-W #401, ET&WNC #434, and Lawndale #311. This year we hope to finish funding the restoration of ET&WNC #1.

After you visit the show, drive 5 miles down the road to Newton and visit NC's newest steam locomotive, Virginia-Carolina 2-6-0 #50 at the Newton Depot!

Hope to see you there!!

New Dealers: download an application at www.tarheelpress.com/Trainshow

Matt Bumgarner
Alexander Chapter-NRHS

matt bumgarner

The date is April 14th !!

Sorry!

Matt

--- In Tweetsie@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <matt@...> wrote:

[...]

Phil Raynes

Since I am planning to be at the gorge working on the track that week, I am also hoping to make it to the "convention" for the first time!!!

Phil

Lee Bishop

Guys, have you ever thought about what the humorous name you've created for this event looks like to people online who don't know it's a joke? My wife just walked by and looked over my shoulder, then saw the titles of these threads and went thermonuclear when she read that. She refuses to believe that it's a joke now. Seriously, if I had had plans to attend, I wouldn't be going now. She was THAT ticked to see the name, as she's now convinced the name of the event is legit and describes what it's for...

--- In Tweetsie@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <matt@...> wrote:

Please pardon the cross-postings, but we don't want you to miss it.

The 10th annual NC Railroad & Exotic Dancer Convention will be held at the Hickory Metro Convention Center on Saturday, April 9th.

Bill Blomgren

Simple solution: take her along - and let her watch Johnny do the dance.. Clearly exotic.  And will cure the family ills at your end.

If nothing else, watching the kids with thomas should settle her down...<G>

________________________________
Guys, have you ever thought about what the humorous name you've created for this event looks like to people online who don't know it's a joke? My wife just walked by and looked over my shoulder, then saw the titles of these threads and went thermonuclear when she read that. She refuses to believe that it's a joke now. Seriously, if I had had plans to attend, I wouldn't be going now. She was THAT ticked to see the name, as she's now convinced the name of the event is legit and describes what it's for...

--- In Tweetsie@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <matt@...> wrote:

Please pardon the cross-postings, but we don't want you to miss it.

The 10th annual NC Railroad & Exotic Dancer Convention will be held at the Hickory Metro Convention Center on Saturday, April 9th.

Bill Blomgren

You might introduce her to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4fdzLpzbik

________________________________
Guys, have you ever thought about what the humorous name you've created for this event looks like to people online who don't know it's a joke? My wife just walked by and looked over my shoulder, then saw the titles of these threads and went thermonuclear when she read that. She refuses to believe that it's a joke now. Seriously, if I had had plans to attend, I wouldn't be going now. She was THAT ticked to see the name, as she's now convinced the name of the event is legit and describes what it's for...

--- In Tweetsie@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <matt@...> wrote:

Please pardon the cross-postings, but we don't want you to miss it.

The 10th annual NC Railroad & Exotic Dancer Convention will be held at the Hickory Metro Convention Center on Saturday, April 9th.

My wife has accused me of having an affair.

She points out that every so often I call 'Julie' (Amtrak's automated ticket agent) on the telephone and then a few days later I disappear for three or four days on a 'train trip'.

David

________________________________
Guys, have you ever thought about what the humorous name you've created for this event looks like to people online who don't know it's a joke? My wife just walked by and looked over my shoulder, then saw the titles of these threads and went thermonuclear when she read that. She refuses to believe that it's a joke now. Seriously, if I had had plans to attend, I wouldn't be going now. She was THAT ticked to see the name, as she's now convinced the name of the event is legit and describes what it's for...

--- In Tweetsie@yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <matt@...> wrote:

Please pardon the cross-postings, but we don't want you to miss it.

The 10th annual NC Railroad & Exotic Dancer Convention will be held at the Hickory Metro Convention Center on Saturday, April 9th.

matt bumgarner

Lee,

Sorry that your wife does not appreciate the humor and this got you in trouble. The name has been the same for the past ten years and I get 10 times the amount of people who appreciate the humor more than the people who can’t, so the name ain’t changing anytime soon.

You are welcome to visit the photos and website at www.tarheelpress.com/Trainshow and show her how awful we really are.

Matt Bumgarner

--- In mailto:Tweetsie%40yahoogroups.com, "Matt" <matt@...> wrote:

Please pardon the cross-postings, but we don't want you to miss it.

The 10th annual NC Railroad & Exotic Dancer Convention will be held at the Hickory Metro Convention Center on Saturday, April 9th.

Ken Riddle

10th annual NC Railroad & Exotic Dancer Convention will be held at the Hickory Metro Convention Center on Saturday, April 9th.

April 9th is Monday, isn’t it??

--- In Tweetsie@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Tweetsie%40yahoogroups.com> , "Matt" <matt@...> wrote:

Please pardon the cross-postings, but we don't want you to miss it.

The 10th annual NC Railroad & Exotic Dancer Convention will be held at the Hickory Metro Convention Center on Saturday, April 9th.

Bill Blomgren

Got This in another feed....

The date is April 14th !!

Sorry!