Topics

210 Engineer(s) 1977 in Elizabethton

Pete Thorn <petesprecision@...>

Speaking of "past guys", who was operating 210 @ Tri-state container in 1977
ish?? (I was 13 years of age).

Whoever it was gave me "Alco fever, I'm forever fascninated with the darn
RS's from that memory, and somewhow, magically and mysteriously, new RS's
seem to appear on my n-scale layout, even with obscure roadnames. Its
getting so bad, I'm about to go all Alco despite the variety of roadnames,
heck I have little else!

By the way, has the group plugged Atlas to produce anything in ET&WNC in
N-scale (or any other) before? If they can do a bunch of obscure roads and
shortlines (one of my finds today was a Black River & Western RS1 about 70%
off,), why not ET&WNC?????

Did 211 and 212 both have dynamic brakes? I've heard one of each. The new
RS32's undecs in HO are awfully tempting for a first crack at doing the
ET&WNC scheme, I'd rather lobby Atlas to actually produce them in ET&WNC
though. Wayne at Choo-choo shop said the shortlines disappear as soon as
they come in anyway, I wonder what's holding Atlas back, any ideas guys and
gals?

I know I've gone on and on about this before, I'm still fascinated with the
RS's from that scene in '77. Any new news from TVRM on how the restoration
of 210 is going (still 210 in my mind, C 0f GA sold the 109 to start with,
why should it go back to that scheme, no partiality to ET or anything)?

Hope everyone is having a peaceful holiday season.

Pete

Ken Riddle

That would have been either Earl McKinney, Clyde Holley, or possibly Cecil.

_____

[...]

pstabovitz

The South Carolina Railroad Museum, SCRM http://www.scrm.org has two ex Air Force Baldwin RS4TC1A's. I didn't know RS 3's were ALCO.

Pete S.

[...]

michaelkeithhar@...

EARL MCKINNEY WAS MY GREAT UNCLE ON MY MOTHER'S SIDE OF THE FAMILY HE DIDN'T RETIRE UNTIL 1978 OR 1979 UNCLE EARL WAS MY GRANDMA'S ONLY BROTHER HE PASSED AWAY IN 1983, HE WAS MY FAVORITE UNCLE ME AND HIM WERE CLOSE I'M 58 YEARS OLD AND HE HAD DROVE THE TRAIN FOR ETWNC EVER SINCE I CAN REMEMBER I REMEMBER HIM ON THE 209 AND 210 TRAINS.