From: ETWNC@groups.io [mailto:ETWNC@groups.io] On Behalf Of Andy
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2019 7:02 AM
To: ETWNC@groups.io
Subject: [ETWNC] 2019 Doe River Gorge Fall Colors weekend

How was the Fall Colors weekend this year, as well as other railroad activities this year at DRG?

Mike Jackson

My wife and I had fun and enjoyed our visit there Sat. Morning. The train ride, the crew and staff were awesome and the food was delicious!  The trip into the Gorge was exciting as always, and we plan to go again next year.
No disappointments from us.
Mike and Betty Jackson
Johnson City

On Oct 25, 2019, at 5:23 PM, Mark Milbourne <mark@...> wrote:

Thanks for asking.  Sorry to say kind of a bust this year.   Iffy weather Saturday leading to drizzle / light-rain by mid-afternoon.    Sunday had been forecast to be nice, but the overnight rain lingered into the morning and while things dried out by mid-day, the sun never came out.   Colors also were not very far along, but they are much better this weekend.

So we only carried about 400 people total.   But those that did come enjoyed it and we had a good volunteer crew and still had some fun.

How was the Fall Colors weekend this year, as well as other railroad activities this year at DRG?