Topics

1920 and the gondola services the logs

Tom Grabenstein

I always enjoyed this prototype photo of gondola # 190 at Linville Depot in the later days of the East Tennessee and Western North Carolina RR.

So I went back to 1920 and put #78 in to service hauling logs and found some folks hanging around to strike the same pose at the Linville Depot back in the day.

Here is the same photo in modern day technicolor.

Thanks for looking. Doc Tom

Lee Bishop

Great looking scene, as always!
--
Lee Bishop
Owner, Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30 gauge

William Uffelman

Good looking scene. I think you are having too much fun Dr Tom!

Bill Uffelman 

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 9:20 PM, Tom Grabenstein
<tomgmd@...> wrote:
I always enjoyed this prototype photo of gondola # 190 at Linville Depot in the later days of the East Tennessee and Western North Carolina RR.

So I went back to 1920 and put #78 in to service hauling logs and found some folks hanging around to strike the same pose at the Linville Depot back in the day.

Tom Grabenstein

Thanks Bill and Lee. Yes I am having TOO much fun. Next week is last week of full time work at the clinic and I go into semi-retirement as medical director (half day a week). So a lot more time for “workin” on the railroad and more FUN.

Dr Tom

On Nov 15, 2020, at 5:28 AM, William Uffelman via groups.io <ufffam@...> wrote:

Bill Uffelman 

<tomgmd@...> wrote:
<Linville Depot.jpg>

<fullsizeoutput_1c37.jpeg>

<fullsizeoutput_1c39.jpeg>

<fullsizeoutput_1c3b.jpeg>

<Linville Depot.jpg><fullsizeoutput_1c39.jpeg><fullsizeoutput_1c37.jpeg><fullsizeoutput_1c3b.jpeg>

William Uffelman

Semi-retirement is a good thing! Keeps yor mind sharp and engaged. Hate to say it but I came back to work full time in July because life at the beach coupled with Covid was killing me with boredom. To each their own.

Bill Uffelman 

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 10:39 AM, Tom Grabenstein
<tomgmd@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill and Lee. Yes I am having TOO much fun. Next week is last week of full time work at the clinic and I go into semi-retirement as medical director (half day a week). So a lot more time for “workin” on the railroad and more FUN.

Dr Tom

On Nov 15, 2020, at 5:28 AM, William Uffelman via groups.io <ufffam@...> wrote:

Bill Uffelman 

<tomgmd@...> wrote:
<Linville Depot.jpg>

<fullsizeoutput_1c37.jpeg>

<fullsizeoutput_1c39.jpeg>

<fullsizeoutput_1c3b.jpeg>

<Linville Depot.jpg><fullsizeoutput_1c39.jpeg><fullsizeoutput_1c37.jpeg><fullsizeoutput_1c3b.jpeg>