Topics

1920 and the gondola services the logs

Tom Grabenstein

I always enjoyed this prototype photo of gondola # 190 at Linville Depot in the later days of the East Tennessee and Western North Carolina RR.

So I went back to 1920 and put #78 in to service hauling logs and found some folks hanging around to strike the same pose at the Linville Depot back in the day.

Here is the same photo in modern day technicolor.

Thanks for looking. Doc Tom

Lee Bishop

Great looking scene, as always!

Good looking scene. I think you are having too much fun Dr Tom!

Bill Uffelman

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 9:20 PM, Tom Grabenstein
<tomgmd@...> wrote:
I always enjoyed this prototype photo of gondola # 190 at Linville Depot in the later days of the East Tennessee and Western North Carolina RR.

So I went back to 1920 and put #78 in to service hauling logs and found some folks hanging around to strike the same pose at the Linville Depot back in the day.

Here is the same photo in modern day technicolor.

Thanks for looking. Doc Tom

Tom Grabenstein

Thanks Bill and Lee. Yes I am having TOO much fun. Next week is last week of full time work at the clinic and I go into semi-retirement as medical director (half day a week). So a lot more time for “workin” on the railroad and more FUN.

Dr Tom

<tomgmd@...> wrote:
I always enjoyed this prototype photo of gondola # 190 at Linville Depot in the later days of the East Tennessee and Western North Carolina RR.
<Linville Depot.jpg>

So I went back to 1920 and put #78 in to service hauling logs and found some folks hanging around to strike the same pose at the Linville Depot back in the day.

<fullsizeoutput_1c37.jpeg>

<fullsizeoutput_1c39.jpeg>

Here is the same photo in modern day technicolor.
<fullsizeoutput_1c3b.jpeg>

Thanks for looking. Doc Tom

<Linville Depot.jpg><fullsizeoutput_1c39.jpeg><fullsizeoutput_1c37.jpeg><fullsizeoutput_1c3b.jpeg>

William Uffelman

Semi-retirement is a good thing! Keeps yor mind sharp and engaged. Hate to say it but I came back to work full time in July because life at the beach coupled with Covid was killing me with boredom. To each their own.

Bill Uffelman