#12 whistle sound on DCC

Chris Jessee

Now that I have my #12 running with a new TSU 1100 Steam-2 decoder, I'm wondering which of the 90 preloaded whistles and 12 exhaust chuffs would most closely match the #12?

If none of the 90 included sounds are close, is it possible to load one of the #12 sound files to it?

Thanks,

Chris Jessee

Tweetsie12

Alright, for the Tsunami 2, For the chuff, any of the "Light Chuff" sounds should work well, though "Light Chuff 1" is the closest. For the whistle, you have 2 options: The Baldwin Class 3-Chime or the Baldwin Flat-Top 3 Chime. Both Sound pretty close. I hope that helps!

Lee Bishop

I know very little about DCC, but I sure wish I could get the real 12s whistle on my On30 ten wheelers...
Stoney Creek branch of the ET&WNC in On30

Tim Smith

The TCS wow has all the sounds of #12. You just have to run through the programing to get it right. The whistle is called "baldwin ten wheeler #12."  The 12 chuff is usually the default setting for the decoders.  Once all the sounds of #12 are selected you will be amazed how much it sounds like the real thing.  I would suggest watching a few videos of 12 on youtube to familiarize yourself with the sounds. The Tsunami is good for what it is, but the sound quality of TCS Wow is far superior and programming is about as simple as it gets.  I also use an NCE system to run things which makes programming even easier. If you got any questions feel free to ask.

Tim

--
Tim Smith
Train Shop Lead

Brian Kopp

If the modern #12 sound is what you want here is my video from the December before last.
Decent chuff, bell, and whistle I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9koZsOVPNA

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, Florida