Re: Graham County was Re: Link to Cliffside RR near Boiling Springs, NC

David Pressley

You're absolutely right. Thanks for setting me straight. I went and actually did a little research rather than rely on memory. My own first-hand memory of Shay 1925 is seeing her 'asleep' in the yard at Bear Creek in June 1975. What a disappointment!! I had seen their brochure and we (my parents and I) were on a family weekend in extreme Western North Carolina. We'd gone to Graham County that afternoon to RIDE THAT TRAIN........something that was really rare with my parents. We wound up just going to Fontana Dam instead.

Kevin Gilliam <k_gilliam@bellsouth.net> wrote: Diesel arrived mid January 1974...basically, when the owners got the full
line to Robbinsville back into operation. Flood--and end of Graham County
Version 2--was late March 1975.

Kevin

-----

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1&cent;/min.