From: David Pressley
To: Tweetsie@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Tweetsie] Link to Cliffside RR near Boiling Springs, NC
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 10:11:12 -0700 (PDT)

Interesting article but I don't believe that Cliffside ending steam in 1962
was the last instance of a railroad using steam exclusively in North
Carolina. Wasn't the Graham County Railroad with shay 1925 steam only until
1969 or 1970?

wrightsphoto wrote: Found this link,
thought I would share it...

http://remembercliffside.com/galleries/railroad/old_puffer.html

and also...

http://remembercliffside.com/current/penn_story.html

Enjoy!
Larry Wright
Cherryville, NC

C ya at the convention in June!

Yahoo! Groups Links

East tennessee real estate Western north carolina East tennessee nissan Model railroad train East tennessee state university Train railway