GSMR

Jonathan Pleasant

Last weekend I took my girlfriend down to Dillsboro to ride on the
old Murphy branch. I hadn't ever been to the Great Smokey Mountains
Railway, but after stepping foot on that train I knew I'd be back.
Since I can do little more than walk the ET&WNC it was nice to finally
ride on the rails. With the exception of Tweetsie, Dollywood, and a
short ride on the chattanooga choo choo, I've not really been a
passenger on a train for any amount of time. The experience was
amazing, and I highly recommend going down there a getting a ticket.
With a little imagination (and sometimes a lot!!) you can almost
believe you are riding into North Carolina on the ET. Its just
unfortunate that they are refurbishing their steam loco and will only
have diesel rides this year.
--Jonathan Pleasant