Re: New List Member

Charles Brumbelow <cbrumbelow@...>

Welcome! I don't think 1960's standard gauge is taboo . . . Rumor has
it that one reunion group had a most interesting encounter with a couple
while photographing the ET&WNC RS3(?)! I grew up in Bristol (TN) and my
Dad had accounting clients in Elizabethton -- after the NG was gone.
Charles

baskette@... wrote:

. . . am currently planning a large switching layout of Johnson City set
in the mid to late 1960's. Included will be the E.T. & W.N.C. from J.C. to
Elizabethton. I figure this location and era gives my a unique opportunity to
run second generation EMD power on the CRR and Southern portions and steam on
the E.T.& W.N.C. up to 1968 and Alco's after that. Anyway, as you can gather,
my primary interests in the Tweetsie are it's standard gauge years. Hope that's
not taboo.