New List Member

baskette@...

List Members,

Hello, my name is MIchael Baskette. I'm a model railroader in Lexington, KY and
a former a native of Johnson City Tennessee. I saw you had created this list on
the Slim Rails Web site, and figured I'd join in. I am primarily a Clinchfield
modeler, but am currently planning a large switching layout of Johnson City set
in the mid to late 1960's. Included will be the E.T. & W.N.C. from J.C. to
Elizabethton. I figure this location and era gives my a unique opportunity to
run second generation EMD power on the CRR and Southern portions and steam on
the E.T.& W.N.C. up to 1968 and Alco's after that. Anyway, as you can gather,
my primary interests in the Tweetsie are it's standard gauge years. Hope that's
not taboo. So far I have aquired photos of all the standard guage locos
operated in the 1960's steam and diesel, and USGS topo maps of JC and Eliz. I
figured this group might have insight into other questions. Recently aquired
and possibly of interst to some of you is a large number of CRR waybills for
freight traffic originating or terminating in Johnson City. Many are for cars
delivered to or loaded in Elizabethton and interchanged to/from the ET&WNC. They
list the industries who either loaded or recieved the cars. Again these are for
the 1960's so may be of limited appeal. Anyway, hope to get to know you soon.

Mike Baskette