Re: ETNC Standard Gauge Paint Schemes

Ken Riddle <ken290@...>

That RS-3 is now at TVRM in Chattanooga

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Barnes [mailto:richard.barnes3@...]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2000 7:44 PM
To: Tweetsie@...
Subject: Re: [Tweetsie] ETNC Standard Gauge Paint Schemes

If I remember correctly, the fellows up in Salem VA who got the old Salem
spur through the NS "thoroughbred" deal also got the old ETWNC (?) RS-3, so
they should know the color scheme, markings etc. I remember back in the
early 90's they got it and did not have any repair manuals and needed to
repair the turbo -- I traded them all my RS-3 books (except the "drivers
manual") for a bunch of Fairmont parts and one or two complete Fairmonts. I
remember that I thought I came out real well on that deal, since the manuals
had come from a big box of manuals that had belonged to an engineer down at
Spencer -- paid $5.00 for the whole box!!! I can't remember their names
but they had hung around the VA Trans Museum for a long time and one of them
had a dad very high up in the N&W. The folk in Roanoke surely know who they
are....

Richard Barnes