Re: ETWNC Standard Gauge Paint Schemes

Ken Riddle <ken290@...>

I have heard that the 204 was green at one time but I don't know for sure.

I was all over the 207 and 208. They were black with aluminum smokeboxes,
cylinder head covers, and air brake hose connectors.

They had white sidewalls and white running board edges. The rods were
posished steel.

The lettering was dulux gold (dark yellow) and the cab windows were red. The
back coal collar was red as well on the tender. The inside of the cab was
industrial green. The throttle grip was red, as were the valve handles.
The brake valve handles and the bell were polished brass.

On the front end the pilot had been modified so it was mostly footboards.
There was a board on each side with safety stripe on it that was black with
dulux gold (and sometimes white) stripes. They were always as clean.

The 215's lettering got screwed up in Dothan, AL where she was painted by
the Bay Line. As the contact sheet was being put on, the wind gusted and
stuck the "RO" to the "AD". It wouldn't come apart, so the painter just
left it "East Tennessee Rail". They correct lettering is East Tennessee
Railway.

The gold stripe is an ET addition. It may be just like Southern Ry, but the
engines were sandblasted and totally painted in Dothan.
Ken Riddle