Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 6:51 PM
Subject: Re: [ETWNC] Tracks are in at the Cranberry Iron Ore Mine in On30

Good for you on all counts Doctor.

Bill Uffelman

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 5:22 PM, Tom Grabenstein
<tomgmd@...> wrote:
Hi Bill,

Yes, I love retirement and a chance to build the model railroad layout I have always dreamed about. I am still working a bit as Medical Director at the Rural Health Center in Kentucky which we started 22 years ago after I finished private medical practice. But I do have 2-3 hours a day to work on the RR and my wife is in support. She is even going to the NNGC in Hickory NC and we signed her up for the tour of the Biltmore and its winery which has been well received by long suffering spouses of model RR nuts.

Doc Tom

On Jul 27, 2021, at 2:53 PM, William Uffelman via groups.io <ufffam@...> wrote:

Impressive Dr Tom! Looks like you are making good use of your free time in retirement.

Bill Uffelman

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 9:15 AM, Tom Grabenstein
<tomgmd@...> wrote:
Hello,

Finally able to get all the tracks in at the Cranberry Iron Ore Mine. The layout is in On30 and it was quite a squeeze but while close there is adequate clearance between the tracks. Now I have a place where my hopper cars can do the job they were intended to do. Looks like I will now need more hoppers…..I only have three so far. 3 will not make the railroad rich in 1920 Tweetsie country.

Doc Tom

<YpViDHf3SbedQWmh4w6sGQ.jpeg><4NTPodnSRT6L9mGuh9Lg7g.jpeg><TUEQiTiDQTOvCL9qF8kh9w.jpeg>
<YpViDHf3SbedQWmh4w6sGQ.jpeg><4NTPodnSRT6L9mGuh9Lg7g.jpeg><TUEQiTiDQTOvCL9qF8kh9w.jpeg>