Busy morning in West Johnson City on the Vida Division

Dean Smith

West Johnson City of the ET&WNC-Vida Division is humming with activity on this beautiful summer morning in 1925.  Passenger Train Number 2 will be departing for Boone in about twenty minutes.  Due to space limitations, I was only able to model the passenger section of the depot.  Freight traffic is handled on a loading platform to the left.  My depot is also only two-thirds prototype size, because when I mocked it up at full size, it overpowered the rest of the scene.  The other structures exist only on the Vida Division.  Marcy's Mercantile and the Rose Hotel are named for my granddaughters.  While there was a Bank of Franklin in Johnson City at the time, my structure is not based on the prototype.