Re: On30 #3

William Uffelman

Very nice!

Bill Uffelman

On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 9:05 AM, Tim Smith
<smith.tim12@...> wrote:
For the last few weeks when I have time I have been converting a Broadway c16 from a D&RGW 278 to the ET&WNC #3.  The process required me to completely disassemble the engine. Also did away with the BLI tender for a on30 2-6-0 tender.

I chose the to paint it similar to the as built look. With a lettering scheme from around 1900.  I added a box headlight and brass stack to the boiler. The weight of the stack has made her a little better puller than the 6.

I also added electrical pick up to the tender and installed a tcs wow sound. That being said the headlight is programmed to firebox flicker giving the box light to look of a kerosene lamp.

I still have to add a wood load to the tender and add an air tank under the cab.  But for the most part it is done.

What’s next?  Well I’m looking at trying to make another c-16 into the 1.  But it will be a while on that as my summer schedule leaves little time to model.

Tim

12