Re: Better pilots for Bachmann ten-wheelers?

Tim Smith

It’s all good....The factory pilots on 11 and 12 in black are right for the post war era. The 9 would have had the other era. I’ve left all mine the factory pilot cause it’s just good enough for me.

Tim

Sent from Tim Smith's iPhone SE

On Feb 3, 2021, at 7:20 PM, Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:

Tim,
If you listened really hard and faced west, you probably heard me say, "SON OF A..." off in the distance.
I never really paid much attention to the spare parts box as I noticed several items that wouldn't work for the ET&WNC (like the wood bunker sides for the tender and flued domes). I'd never noticed there was the right pilot in there. Had I noticed, I'd have swapped them out on day one!
While my face is quite red (both from embarrassment and the glee of having what I want now), I'm very grateful you posted that as I could see myself trying to scratchbuild sets of them.
This is why this group is so good, as even other On30 types might not have known what I was looking for.
Thanks again!
Tom, thanks for the kind words, too.