Re: Harry and his "Hack" at the Linville Depot

Tom Grabenstein

Thanks for this information. Thank you for also looking at the pictures and commenting. Sounds like Harry’s got his work cut out on Labor Day. I’m sure there was a lot of vacationers that weekend to the cool of the mountains. Dr. Tom

On Sep 7, 2020, at 10:14 AM, Curtis Brookshire via groups.io <curtis.brookshire@...> wrote:

More great photos and another vignette bringing the narrow gauge back to life in the 21st century.

Tom, you bring up an interesting question. A quick check of timetables from my Official Guide issue from 1926 and the Spring/Summer 2017 issue of Every Time With No Complaint are silent regarding holidays. So, sorry Harry, not likely there will be no train running on Labor Day. Might even see an excursion this weekend. Go get another pitcher of sweet tea and put your feet up and rest a bit until you hear Sherman's whistle coming. Don't worry, winter comes early in these mountains, so you'll soon have less visitors to haul.

Happy Labor Day,
Curtis Brookshire
Pine Level, NC