Re: Sparta Earthquake

John Edwards

I live just outside Johnson City and I never even knew we had an earthquake until I turned on the news.

John Edwards

Watauga, TN

On 8/9/2020 7:15 PM, Curtis Brookshire via groups.io wrote:
Just wanted to know if those who live in the area near Sparta NC (mountains you know) came through this morning's 5.1 magnitude earthquake. My wife saw a news article that mistakenly had the epicenter near Johnson City and I immediately emailed Fred Alsop. Sparta is a bit east of JC, due north of Wilkesboro and due south of Wytheville VA. Hope everything stayed on the tracks, I mean shelves. People I go to church with felt it just west of me. I was outside at 8 am and never noticed.

Curtis Brookshire
Pine Level, NC