Re: Sparta Earthquake

brownleboone

I felt and heard it in Boone. There were two jolts. No real damage reported in this area.
Larry Brown

On Sun, Aug 9, 2020 at 7:47 PM Julia Williams Kodak via groups.io <jkodak=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Felt it here in Roan Mountain, TN!  Although I'm sure it was just seconds, I was wondering when it was going
to stop and was concerned if it went any longer it might get worse.

-----Original Message-----
From: Curtis Brookshire via groups.io <curtis.brookshire=verizon.net@groups.io>
To: ETWNC <ETWNC@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Aug 9, 2020 7:15 pm
Subject: [ETWNC] Sparta Earthquake

Just wanted to know if those who live in the area near Sparta NC (mountains you know) came through this morning's 5.1 magnitude earthquake. My wife saw a news article that mistakenly had the epicenter near Johnson City and I immediately emailed Fred Alsop. Sparta is a bit east of JC, due north of Wilkesboro and due south of Wytheville VA. Hope everything stayed on the tracks, I mean shelves. People I go to church with felt it just west of me. I was outside at 8 am and never noticed.

Curtis Brookshire
Pine Level, NC