From: Curtis Brookshire via groups.io <curtis.brookshire@...>
To: ETWNC <ETWNC@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Aug 9, 2020 7:15 pm
Subject: [ETWNC] Sparta Earthquake

Just wanted to know if those who live in the area near Sparta NC (mountains you know) came through this morning's 5.1 magnitude earthquake. My wife saw a news article that mistakenly had the epicenter near Johnson City and I immediately emailed Fred Alsop. Sparta is a bit east of JC, due north of Wilkesboro and due south of Wytheville VA. Hope everything stayed on the tracks, I mean shelves. People I go to church with felt it just west of me. I was outside at 8 am and never noticed.

Curtis Brookshire
Pine Level, NC