Scratch built Linville Depot Is completed.

Tom Grabenstein

This is the prototype picture that inspired me to try scratch building the Linville Depot on my On30 rendition of the East Tennessee and Western North Carolina RR.

In the early 1920's it was a setting out point for tourists escaping the cities and getting in to the beautiful North Carolina Mountains with transportation provided by the "Varnish" of the ET&WNC RR.

For the past 6 months I have been using spare time to try and recreate this classy picture.

And a few more shots in 21st century color:

Here is how the little depot fits in to the Linville Layout Design Element (LDE).

Thanks for looking. Dr Tom