Re: ET-inspired area structure

Brian Kopp

Lee and David,

I had an opportunity to sit and watch a visible gas pump in action in 2010 in rural Thailand. See photo. It mostly filled scooters. If the volume in the glass cylinder was more than was needed to complete that fill-up, it sat in the cylinder until the next scooter came along. They used a long rubber hose to fill the scooters. For security I assumed they emptied the cylinder at the end of the day if there was anything left.
The hand pumping to fill the cylinder is a slow process but not too bad. It took a while to fill our mini-van but maybe only twice as long as a regular electric gas pump.

--
Brian Kopp
Jacksonville, Florida