ET-inspired area structure

David Payne

Lee,
The tank would likely HAVE HAD gas in it during the day; at least based on the one that I saw many times during a summer in the fifties.  My cousin and I would walk (barefoot) on a dirt street and then a concrete sidewalk to purchase my aunt a pack or two of Pall Mall cigarettes, perhaps some bread, and usually a one-cent treat for each of us, but I recall that there would be gas in the bowl.  I have no idea if there was a mechanism that allowed it to be drained back into the tank or if it stayed there.  But that's the way I remember it.
David Payne
Georgia