Re: ET-inspired area structure

Tom Grabenstein

Very nicely done. Really like the weathering and the signage. Doc Tom

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 10:59 AM William Uffelman via groups.io <ufffam=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Nicely done. Looking forward to the finished scene.

Bill Uffelman

On Monday, June 1, 2020, 10:54:20 AM EDT, Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:

This weekend, I finished the gas pump, though the kit was a real nightmare to build, without any instructions. I used original photographs of pumps to try to figure it out. I then decided not to model it with gas in the bowl, because it wouldn't just be sitting there like that. I also redid the Pet Milk sign on the side, and did a Sunbeam bread advertising bar on the screen door. I realized those were actually very common in that time and place...
I took some sheet plastic, carved it into a grid, and carved some cracks in it. It is going to be used under the front roof supports, and the gas pump will sit on that. Fuel stains and grass between the cracks will be added once the paint dries.
Once I am done with that, I'm going to add some figures on the inside, then re-scenic the spot for it and get it into place. It should be up and running by next week, I would think.