Re: A Chestnut Tree before the blight.

Tom Grabenstein

Hi Dean. The tree is from JTT miniatures with a plastic armature that I painted and weathered to try and imitate a Chestnut tree.
I also am looking at possibly using cedar “shingles” from doll house suppliers to stand in for the Chestnut Bark siding.

Here is the restored Linville Depot and I really like the unique wood siding.

Here is a photo “back in the day” that I also really like :

All Saints Episcopal Church in Linville also looks pretty sharp in Chestnut Bark siding:

I’m getting up the courage to model the depot in styrene soon………I hope.