Tim:

Your kit builds look great.

Mark Lewis

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020, 9:37 PM Tim Smith <smith.tim12@...> wrote:
I got 5 of these built so far, pretty simple kit to build.  Would like to build 3-5 more.

Sent from Tim Smith's iPhone SE

On Mar 24, 2020, at 9:20 PM, Tom Grabenstein <tomgmd@...> wrote:

Lee, These are turning out great!! They are wonderful kits to build. You should have quite a fleet soon.
Stay safe and healthy.  Doc Tom

On Mar 24, 2020, at 5:29 PM, Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:

Ever since the pandemic forced us all indoors, I’ve been mostly either working from home, doing whatever house cleaning chores my wife comes up with, or working on these.
<0323202210-01.jpeg>
They’re laser kits made by On30IMA. They’re quite challenging to work on as a lot of it you just have to figure out on your own, so I built only one at first, to use as a guide to building the rest. I’m glad I did that.
The remaining 4 I have (two more shorties and two ‘normal’ length) were done in an assembly line manner, all repetitive tasks for each type of part for each car. Now, the subassemblies are done and I need to put them all together into the shape of ET&WNC hopper cars.
I’ll be happy when these are done, as I’ve always wanted some of the Tweetsie’s ubiquitous wood hoppers but before recently nobody made them in O scale. There are at least two people I know who’ll make them as 3D prints, but only in O scale. Heck, I’d have paid a premium price for these as one piece, but nobody wanted to take the money. The kits aren’t exactly cheap, but once they’re done, I think they’ll be worth it. Only one (the near on in this photo) will not be carrying a load. They need weights and there’s NO place to put them but inside without being seen. So I did the detailed interior bottoms of the one, and the rest will permanently carry coal loads.