Re: The bus on that Hampton film

Mark Lewis

Lee:

Kevin Macomber @ Narrow Gauge Modeling Company, has die cast 1:43 1940 Dodge and !941 Plymouth trucks, that may fit your needs.    http://www.narrowgaugemodeling.com/pickups-tow-trucks/
The 1939 Plymouth front end looks VERY close to your photograph.

Mark Lewis
narrow gauge modeling in N.C.

On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 3:57 PM Lee Bishop <leebishop1944@...> wrote:
You all remember that Vimeo video of the film shot in Hampton in color?
https://vimeo.com/333139398
At 0:49, we see the only color representations I've ever seen of a Carter County bus before VE day.
Well, I was on a quest to find out the type of busses in that film, to get a model of it for my layout in O scale, I submitted the issue to a O scale forum and someone figured it out. It's a 1939 Dodge front end, with a custom body:

Scratch building the top of the bus body will be a real pain, but the rest shouldn't be too bad, in styrene. I just hope someone makes this truck in 1/43 scale!